Council of Unit Owners of the Roland Park Condominium, Inc.
Move–In/Out Policy and Instructions
For Unit Owners and Tenants
The following rules and regulations are intended to foster pleasant and peaceful living at Roland Park Condominium for all residents and to protect the Common Elements of the building from damage during the move-in/move-out process. It is the Unit Owner/Tenant's responsibility to do the following:
- The Unit Owner/Tenant is to call the community manager no less than five (5) days prior to your move-in date to schedule the move and the pre-move walk-through and send in the move-in fees.
- The Unit Owner/Tenant is to send a refundable security deposit in the amount of $300.00 and a nonrefundable amount of $20.00 for processing fees payable to Roland Park Condominium. This must be received by the Management Company forty-eight hours (48) prior to the move.
- Residents must get a permit from Baltimore City, Department of Transportation, 401 East Fayette St.- First Floor Lobby Baltimore, MD 21202, a week before the move, for reserved parking on 6 Upland Road or 200 Carlowe Road. The no parking signs must be posted 72 hours in advance. The cost of the permit is $65.00.
- If this is a rental unit, the Unit Owner/Tenant must supply a copy of the lease.
- The Unit Owner/Tenant moving in/out shall be liable for all damages to the Common Elements of the building occurring during the move. The deposit will be refunded after inspection has been made to ensure no damage occurred during the move.
- Should any damage occur to the common elements as a result of the move, the Unit Owner/Tenant shall be responsible for the cost of the repairs. The security deposit will be applied to the cost of the repairs and any remainder will be refunded. Should the repairs exceed $300, the Unit Owner/Tenant shall be responsible for any excess. The Unit Owner/Tenant must remit payment to the management Company within fifteen (15) days of being invoiced for repairs in excess of $300.00
- Residents must use the pads for elevator; community manager will inform the janitorial/maintenance staff of the move in advance so that elevator pads can be hung.
- All moving activity must take place through Carlowe Road for Buildings 2, 3, 4, 5 and Upland Road for Building 1.
- Moving may take place between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Moves will not take place on Sundays or holidays.
- Boxes must be discarded by your moving company and may not be placed for recycling.
- Please ask the previous owner of the unit to give you all entry devices they may have.
- Fill out the attached contact form. This form is required to be on file with management at all times and must be received by the Management Company ten (10) days prior to the move.
Garage parking space information (if applicable) must be included on the form. All information is kept confidential.
If this unit is a rental, email email@example.com a copy of the lease and a copy of your tenant’s Renter’s insurance Certificate no less than ten (10) days prior to the move.
If you fail to notify the management company of your (or your tenant’s) move-in date as stipulated or fail to submit the payments, you will not be permitted to move until these requirements are met.
MOVING RESERVATION FORM
Please complete the following information and return it to Pelican Property Management to reserve the elevator for your move. Please schedule your move between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday (no Sundays or holidays). The Management Office will confirm the date and time.
Elevator Pads: Upon receiving notification under Sections 2.4.16 or 3.13 of the Rules and Regulations, the Manager will arrange for elevator pads to be put up in the appropriate elevator. If pads are not in place at the time of the move, it is the responsibility of the Unit Owner or Tenant who is moving in/out to have the elevator pads put up prior to using the elevator to move furnishings. The Unit Owner or Tenant may contact an Employee Monday through Friday, 8 am through 4 pm, or a Board member on any Saturday. No one is allowed to use an elevator to move in/out without elevator pads. The cost to repair any damage to the elevator will be charged to the Unit Owner, collected in the same manner as the collection of assessments, and become a lien against the Condominium Unit if not timely paid by the Unit Owner.
Use of elevators for moving (including moves performed by owners and residents themselves) will NOT be permitted unless a move has been scheduled in advance. NO moves will be permitted on Sundays, holidays, or after 5:00 p.m. evenings. This form must be completed with payment no less than ten (10) days before the desired date. If payment of deposit and fee is not made at least five (5) days in advance, only certified checks and money orders will be accepted. A “move” is the complete relocation of a household.
EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION